Hey everyone, I hope you’re having a wonderful day. It’s time to answer the tag the wonderful Yesha @Books, Teacup, and Reviews nominated me for. If you don’t follow her blog, you need to right now! Thank you for the nomination, Yesha!
1. Your favorite retelling that is not fairytale.
I love retellings, even though I don’t have a favorite. So, I guess I don’t have a specific answer for this. However, I love the retellings of Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night and Romeo & Juliet, and Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice the most.
2. What do you hate in a book cover?
Nothing except the colour red. This colour is so horrible. I hate it in everything. It makes me livid for some reason and I can’t help it. However, my favorite book has a red cover and I don’t hate that cover that much? I’m sorry to everyone who loves red. I just don’t like it.
3. Your favorite female antagonist.
Ugh, what a difficult question. Most of the books I’ve read didn’t have antagonists I liked, and most of them were not females… so I don’t have a favorite but maybe I will have a fave a few books down the line??
4. What is the biggest book you own?
I own so many of them but I get scared when I think about reading them! The biggest one I own right now is Gone with the Wind. It’s just SO big. And I haven’t read it because it needs *shudders* commitment.
5. Which fictional character you have a crush on?
Okay, so my favorite fictional character is Lennon from Starry Eyes. I just realized that I had forgotten his name but I remember I had loved him when I’d read this book. He’s just so sweet.
Also, another fictional character that I adore now is James from The End of the Fucking World (the series, not the book!) I want to cuddle him right now.
6. Who are the two authors who haven’t worked together before but you want them to team up?
I love Alice Oseman and Casey McQuiston so much. What if they wrote a book together? It would be so incredible. And if it were a graphic novel…
7. If you’re given polyjuice potion to disguise, in which character you would like to turn into and why?
Stevie from Truly Devious. I know you can tell how impatient I am for the third book lol. However, I want to take her form to see the quaint and infamous Ellingham Academy with my own eyes and this girl has an identity card.
8. Who is most read author(s) and how many books you read by the same author?
I’ve read the same number of books (3 books) by Becky Albertalli, Alice Oseman, John Green, and Brigid Kemmerer. However, I’m going to read more of Becky’s books in 2020, so she’ll soon become my most read author.
9. Is there a book you never gave a chance even though you keep seeing it around a lot?
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. This book is literally everyone’s favorite. I say it every time that I’ll read it, and I WILL read it. SoOn.
10. Books you want to read before the end of the year.
I want to finish Little Women by Louisa May Alcott by the end of the year, but I won’t be able to! 😭
11. Your 2020 reading and blogging goal.
I never have goals. Only plans. I just want to continue reading and continue blogging and I hope to read and write as much as possible. My mood dictates what I read, so I don’t really know what genre I’d end up reading the most, but I will try to read more of fantasy in the next year. I also want to do some posts that are more imaginative and work out a better writing schedule. I’m also planning to write about stuff that’s not just bookish. Not sure if I’ll wind up doing it eventually but I’m thinking about it. It’s just an idea. Also, I did a post about my plans for 2020 (click here to check it out if you’re interested!).
10. Heart’s Content
1. Do you watch book-to-movie adaptations? Which ones are your favorite?
2. Can you name an underrated book you read and loved?
3. Do you read or write fanfiction?
4. How did you fall in love with reading? When did it happen?
5. Do you have hobbies other than reading books and blogging about them? If yes, what are they?
6. Which book is closest to your heart?
7. What would be the title of the book based on your life?
8. What’s one movie you want to be novelized?
9. You can only either read graphic novels or fanfiction. Which one do you choose?
10. Book blogging or BookTube- which one do you like more?
11. What’s one thing book blogging has taught you?
Hope you guys had fun reading this post! ❤